Well folks it’s the last day of March! You are now so well equipped to take on the balance of the year with oodles of ideas and inspiration in the kitchen. Have you downloaded Dietitian of Canada’ sizzling app Cookspiration yet, with over 66,000 downloads since it’s launch a few weeks back? Now when you want to simply cook and enjoy, you’ll have an app for that! I’ll keep you apprised of details of the next version due out next month.
Taste is king! Add some zing!
Think healthy cooking is bland? No way! Healthy cooking is all about good taste. Add some zing with these mouth-watering flavour boosters:
- Red pepper flakes deliver delicious heat to lightly sautéed greens
- Fresh lime juice is a tangy addition to fish, avocado or fresh tomato salsa
- Garlic is perfect for pasta, potatoes and peas, and it makes a tofu-and-veggie stir-fry sizzle
- Ginger spices up butternut squash soup and adds depth to beef and pork dishes
- Cinnamon pairs sweetly with apples, squash and sweet potatoes
For more ideas to make your taste buds tingle.